Additional information about monkeypox can be found at these web sites:
- “Monkeypox,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- “Monkeypox,” Medscape.com
- “Updated Interim CDC Guidance for Use of Smallpox Vaccine, Cidofovir, and Vaccinia Immune Globulin (VIG) for Prevention and Treatment in the Setting of an Outbreak of Monkeypox Infections,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Medically reviewed by Robert Cox, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Infectious Disease
- Keckler, M., D. Carroll, N. Gallardo-Romero, et al. “Establishment of the Black-Tailed Prairie Dog (Cynomys Luudovicianus) as a Novel Animal Model for Comparing Smallpox Vaccines Administered Preexposure in Both High- and Low-Dose Monkeypox Virus Challenges.” J. Virol 85.15 (2011): 7683-7698.
- Reynolds, M., D. Carroll, V. Olson, et al. “A Silent Enzootic of an Orthopoxvirus in Ghana, West Africa: Evidence for Multi-Species Involvement in the Absence of Widespread Human Disease.” Am J Trop Med Hyg 82.4 (2010): 746-754.